Worried About A Child? – Wigan Council, Children’s Duty Team
If you are worried about the welfare or safety of a child it is very important that you contact us.
Monday to Sunday (24 hours): 01942 828300
See Wigan Council
Youth Mental Health
- Childline: childline.org.uk Tel: 0800 1111
- Young Minds Parents’ Helpline: 0808 802 5544
- Samaritans: Tel: 116 123 or email: email@example.com
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
For Young Carers
- The me-we project’s Booklet for Young Carers
- Young Carers Rights (pdf). Includes an overview of Statutory Assessment
Social Care Assessments
- Wigan Council: Get in touch with adult social care
- NHS: Getting a needs assessment
- NICE: What to expect during assessment and care planning
- Young Carers in Schools Programme
- Supporting Young Carers in Schools: A Step-by-step Guide for Leaders, Teachers and Non-teaching Staff
- Anti Bullying Alliance: What can schools do to help young carers?
- Sec-ed.co.uk: Five ways to help your school’s young carers
- Supporting Young Carers: A Guide For Teachers
- Embrace Wigan and Leigh: are a user-led charity dedicated to supporting disabled people and their families.
- Wigan And Leigh Carers Centre: Supporting carers who look after a family member or friend with an illness or disability
- My Life: help to make lives better for people of all ages who need support to live a good life